Same bus Stop, Same night

Date 16-09-2021

The day I first left my house for university. My father, Mehmood Akhter, dropped me off and waited for the bus with me for approximately 20 minutes. There are three bus terminals: one for local buses, one for air-conditioned buses and another for local travel within 50-60 km.

My father and I were waiting for my bus. I had a ticket for Bahawalpur and was carrying a full suitcase on my shoulder, a laptop and other accessories, and a bag with my bedsheet and blanket in my father's hand.

My father said to me, "Asad, study harder for your future. If you want to see yourself shine in your future, I will support you."I replied, "Yes, Dad, I will."

After a few minutes, I noticed tears in my father's eyes. I hugged him and consoled him.

The bus arrived and he gave me some moeny in cash and transferred the remaining amount to my bank account. He said if I needed more money, I could send him a text message.

I boarded the bus and said goodbye to him. I sat down and the bus began to move. I was overcome with emotion and cried silently.

That is the day I will live for a month without my family.

Then things gets normalize in my life and i was use too live without family for 2-3 months steright.

I completed my degree and came back to home with lot of language and accessories etc.....

Date 16-09-2023:

On the same night and at the same time and place, the day I received my first job was the same as the day my father and I waited for my bus. The same language and story were repeated, only the moments had changed.

Tonight I was overcome with emotion and the tension of my career. My father was full of confidence and proud of me that day. He hugged me to console me.

The bus arrived and I boarded. This time my father was silent and crying without tears. His eyes conveyed his pride in me but also sorrow for my absence in his life for months.

There were five minutes left before the bus began to move. I descended and hugged him. We both cried and tears streamed down our faces.

He again gave me some money and transferred some to my account. He said if I wanted more, I could text him.

This time I returned the money and said, "If you want anything, just text me. I'll bring it for you."

This is a new life, new faces and almost a new world for both of us.

I cannot forget these two nights in my life where the time is the same, the place is the same but the scenarios are different.

I love you, Dad.❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Message | Stopped waiting for