The Message | Stopped waiting for


Disclaimer: these are my personal views and may not be universally applicable.   

There was a time when i thought waiting was a part of love 
Waiting for reply.
Waiting for call.
Waiting for someone to have a little time for you. 

I never thought there small things could become so heavy.

One evening, i sent a simple message ,
Nothing complicated, i just wanted a conversation ,
Then i waited,
I checked my phone once, then again, then two hours passed 
The message was still there. No reply , and strangely , iw wasnt angry , i was just tried 
Because deep  down, I knew this wasnt really about those two hours .
It was about all the other times i had waited
All the conversations  I had started .
All the time i had asked for a little time .

All the moments when i tried to explain what i felt, hoping that maybe this time things would be different.
But sometimes you can explain your heart perfectly and till be misunderstood 
Sometimes you can give someone all the patience you have , and they still wont give you the attention you need.

And that’s when you start asking yourself difficult questions.

Am I asking for too much?

Or…

Am I simply asking the wrong person?

AI used to believe that love meant understanding everything.
So I made excuses.
Maybe she’s busy.
Maybe she’s tired.
Maybe she’s not in the mood.
Maybe tomorrow will be different.
And tomorrow kept coming.
But the feeling stayed the same.
Eventually, I realized something.
A relationship shouldn’t feel like one person is constantly knocking on a door while the other person decides whether to open it.
Love needs effort from both sides.
Not perfection.
Not expensive gifts.
Not endless conversations.
Just effort.

Sometimes a simple message.

Sometimes asking, “How was your day?”
Sometimes making time.
Sometimes choosing the person you care about even when there are a hundred other distractions.
I wasn’t looking for a perfect relationship.
I just wanted to feel wanted.
And perhaps that was the hardest realization.
I had spent so much time trying to make someone understand my value that I forgot I shouldn’t have to prove it.
Maybe she wasn’t a bad person.
Maybe I wasn’t a perfect person either.
Maybe we simply reached a point where our expectations, priorities and feelings were no longer moving in the same direction.
And that’s okay.
Not every person we love is meant to stay.

Some people become lessons.
Some become memories.

And some become the reason we finally learn to choose ourselves.
Moving on isn’t suddenly waking up and forgetting everything.
It is much quieter than that.
It’s slowly stopping the habit of checking your phone.
It’s no longer wondering why they’re online.
It’s not writing another message just because you miss them.
It’s accepting that the conversation may never have the ending you wanted.
It’s letting go without needing revenge.
It’s wishing them well without wishing they would come back.
And most importantly…
It’s finding yourself again.

Maybe it already has.
Maybe that’s why I’m writing this.
Because tonight, my phone can stay silent.
And I don’t have to wait anymore.
I didn’t stop caring.
I just stopped chasing.

— Introvert Vet—


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Same bus Stop, Same night